On Saturday I turn 25. I’ve had an amazing life experience thus far. I remain grateful for the life I have and look to carry that into the next twenty five years. I am often amazed at how great it is to be alive. Life might not always be great but it’s always great to be alive.
Gratitude is a very powerful thing. Gratitude will impact our outlook and allow us to see the positive of each situation. As I start my twenty fifth year on this planet, I wanted to share some of the things I have learned.
- Hope the size of a pin prick is enough to ignite a spark that can consume you. Go after your passion.
- If you have problems iniating conversations with a person, you should talk to them about their passions. People tend to open up and be comfortable when they talk about things that make them excited.
- Cut people out of your life. I’ll admit this should be done sparingly but we don’t need negative, hurtful, or harmful folks in our lives. Our happiness matters and we should have supportive folks in our lives.
- Tell people good things. Spreading good things instead of negative things is much more helpful to the world and it will make you happier as well. Let the folks in your life know the good things you know and feel about them. Increase positivity in the world.
- You have an opportunity everyday to expand your comfort zone. Do it. You will grow as a person and be better for it. Do something that makes you uncomfortable.
Here is to another year of awesomeness. I have gotten to do a lot of great things. I’ve grown as a person and strengthened and deepened the relationships I have with my people. As I shift into another year I hope to carry that momentum with me. I love doing things I haven’t done before. I like to do things that make me uncomfortable. You cannot grow as a person if you keep yourself in the box you build for yourself.
I have many things to be thankful for. The ups and downs of life have shaped me into who I am. I have more blessings than I can count and it’s not because I have a mass collection of blessing or better off than other folks. I choose to see what’s going good for me. I acknowledge the things that are unfortunate and move on. Life goes on.
May others come to the realization that things aren’t as bad as they seem. May they realize feelings change and eventually pass. May others realize to be full of gratitude.
This In Itself Is Humbling.